A Note from Hope Katz Gibbs, LMT (Delaware, New Mexico), author, Massage School Memoire, publisher BeInkandescent Health & Wellness magazine — Sometimes, you just gotta make a change. That was true for me in 2018 I knew that I couldn’t do my life the way I had been for the last three decades. I had recently gotten divorced, my kids were in college, the contracts for many of my PR clients were coming close, and I didn’t want to live where I was in Richmond, VA.
The mission-critical question: What was I going to do next?
For me, it was to become a licensed massage therapist (LMT). From August 3, 2021 to August 3, 2022 — the day I passed the national Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) — I studied at the Bodymechanics School of Massage in Santa Fe, NM. At 58, it was a journey to learn about kinesiology (how the body moves), anatomy (how it’s structured), physiology (how it functions), and pathology (what makes it sick) — as well as a myriad of massage techniques that do a body good.
I have turned my insights in a book, Massage School Memoire: 10 Months That Changed My Life, published by my company, Inkandescent® PR + Publishing Co. If you have ever dreamed of being a massage therapist, or are just curious about the process, be sure to check it out! And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send me an email.
Better yet, I invite you to book a massage. Come to my studio for a 60- or 90-minute healing full body massage, or travel with my table to your home. I also offer on-site chair massage at businesses. Please scroll down to view my menu of services. And be sure to check out articles to the right in the sidebar about some of my favorite massage therapists and their techniques featured in the Massage School Memoire.
I look forward to meeting you soon. Here’s to your incredible, indelible, Inkandescent success!
Massage by Hope: Be Inkandescent Health & Wellness — Connecting Mind, Body, Spirit, Soul & Heart
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Reiki Master, Kundalini and Yin yoga teacher, Martha Beck-trained Life Coach
- Studio: 122 Philadelphia St., #6, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
- Publisher: BeInkandescent Health & Wellness magazine
- Call: 703-346-6975 cell
- Email: email@example.com
- Click here to book an appointment
- Licensed Massage Therapist, since August 2022
- Fire Reiki Master, since 2022
- Reiki Master, since 2016
- Certified Yin Yoga teacher, since 2021, 100+ hours
- Certified Kundalini Yoga teacher, since 2016, 250+ hours
- Martha Beck Life Coach, since 2020
- Certified Pranic Healing practitioner, since 2018
- dōTERRA Touch® Aromatherapy massage
- Pregnancy massage
- Seated chair massage
- 60-minute massage, $100
- 90-minute aromatherapy massage, $150
- pregnancy massage, 60-minutes, $120
- add reflexology and foot soak, $1/minute (minimum 20 minutes)
- chair massage, $1/minute (minimum 20 minutes)
- for businesses: I will travel to you and work on your customers for events, etc. (call for details)