The Richmond, VA-based chef grew up surrounded by women who taught him the art of cooking. One look at the dishes and videos he’s created, and you’ll be inspired to follow his recipes.
Click here to watch him prepare his 6-Ingredient Quarantine Biscuit recipe.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or any you flour you like)
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 T sugar of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 TBSP cold butter (or coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup milk or milk alternative
Note: This recipe omits eggs, and substitutes almond milk for cows milk cuz that’s what we have on hand. Make it vegan by subbing coconut oil for butter.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Chop cold butter add, mix.
- Add milk, mix.
- Fold with hands. Fold fold fold. Don’t overmix.
- Pound it out real good (haha) then mold into little biscuit babies.
- Lay them out with space in between so they can grow into the big biscuits you know they want to be.
- Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes, do a little dance, take them out, let cool, enjoy. •
Video by @annatakespix
Stay tuned for more!