Friday, September 2, 2022, A Note from Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro — I invite you to tune in for this week’s episode of my podcast and video show, Margaritas with Marguerita, where for 15 minutes, we learn from industry experts how to flex our financial muscles.
Meet our guest: Carina Diamond, CXO, Dakota Wealth Management
Today’s topic: Making a difference with Diversitas — New ways to expand diversity in wealth management
Rita asks Carina:
- Diversitas-Expanding Diversity in Wealth Management is a program founded 6 years ago at The University of Akron. What exactly is Diversitas, and how and why did it get started?
- What are some of the unexpected findings from the Diversitas program?
- What resources does Diversitas offer students and employers?
- You’re a founding board member and a regular speaker at Diversitas – why have you chosen to devote your time and talent to this cause?
- What is a fun fact about the last/2021 Diversitas program?
About Carina: As Chief Experience Officer for Dakota Wealth Management, Carina is responsible for the organic growth, culture, and communications of the firm. She leads and mentors the other client advisors and also advises her own clients. Before joining Dakota, Carina founded Springside Partners LLC and transitioned her brokerage business to an RIA model. She has built and sold three financial services businesses.
She founded the program Flourish™ Women and Wealth, an initiative that has educated over 1000 diverse women on personal finance over a decade. She is a founding board member for Diversitas – Expanding Diversity in Wealth Management, a program started at The University of Akron to promote diversity in financial services and is now national, spanning dozens of universities.
Carina was an inaugural CFP™ Board Ambassador, a Trustee for The University of Akron Foundation, and serves on the University’s Financial Planning Executive Committee. She founded the Diamond Graduate Women’s Leadership Xperience, an interdisciplinary leadership program. She serves on the RIA Institute’s Advisory Board and is a frequent speaker.
Carina is a passionate advocate of financial literacy and next-gen talent development. She is a frequent source for national news media. She was named an honorary alumna by The University of Akron in 2022. She has been a Forbes-ranked advisor annually since 2017 and was an Investment News 2018 “Women to Watch.”
Learn more about Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro: MargueritaCheng.com