A Note from Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro — I invite you to tune in for this week’s episode of my podcast and video show, Margaritas with Marguerita, where for 15 minutes each Friday at 5:15 pm EST, we learn from industry experts how to flex our financial muscles live on Facebook.
Meet our guest: Taynia Vakapuna of Everspire
Today’s topic: Finding purpose as a financial planner in my heritage as a Pacific Islander
Rita asks Taynia:
- How has your heritage as a Pacific Islander woman influenced, if at all, your professional journey?
- What are some of your cultural values and customs that have influenced your money script?
- What are some of the challenges you have faced in the early stages of your career, and how have your cultural values helped you overcome them?
About our guest: Taynia chose to work with Everspire after declining other offers for a number of reasons: primarily the company’s focus on family and absolute commitment to financial planning. She distinguished herself at the University of Utah, making the honor roll and eventually receiving a TD Ameritrade scholarship while pursuing coursework in the Consumer and Community Studies track. Her educational choices show her interest in putting the client first by helping them find intelligent and cost-effective financial solutions. In fact, Taynia graduated with all of the coursework completed to receive the CFP® certification. She brings technical knowledge as well, having sharpened her sword using the eMoney system. Taynia has proven herself in technical and analytical fields throughout her career, having worked in research facilities at the Huntsman Cancer Institute going back to 2011 and later in other lab settings. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her extended family, camping, hiking, sports, being outdoors, and going on trips with her 3 wonderful children and her husband.
- Favorite Book — The Alchemist
- Favorite Movie — Gladiator
- Bucket List — Own a farm and be as self-sufficient as possible in living off my land.
- Favorite Destination — Anything in nature that is raw and as untouched as possible—particularly the mountains
Join us this and every Friday at 5 pm EST on Facebook Live: facebook.com/hopekatzgibbs
Watch all of our episodes: MargueritaCheng.tv